Care of the Deceased
- Bringing the deceased into our care from a residence or hospital to our Harold Hill premises.
- Collection of paperwork from a Coroner’s if applicable, or cremation papers from a hospital.
- Dressing deceased in a gown which we provide, or dressing in own clothes.
Arranging and Conducting the Funeral
- Advice about the funeral during working hours and booking funeral with authorities.
- Legal paperwork completed and delivered to authorities.
- Funeral conductor and up to four pallbearers.
- Mercedes Hearse driven to a local family address and on to one local place of funeral.
- Complimentary Recorder announcement.
- Provision of wooden marker for burial, if wanted.
- A helpful booklet about bereavement.
- A small supply of thank you cards.
- Flower cards presented in a booklet.
- Commemoration website entry, if wanted.
- All offices open on Saturdays 10am to 12 midday and until 4pm in Hilldene.
Order of Service and Other Stationery
We can provide high quality printing for Order of Service booklets that can be given to friends and family at the ceremony. There are many beautiful designs to choose from and personal photographs can be added. Please ask to see some samples. If there is enough time, we can produce announcement cards; after the funeral we can print personalized acknowledgement cards, bookmarks and other commemorative stationery. Please ask for our brochure if you have not already received one.
We can recommend local florists or take orders on your behalf.
Horse Drawn Carriages
A traditional horse drawn carriage may be conducted as a pair or four.
After the funeral we offer
- An invitation to a Remembrance Service in November or December.
- Information about headstones and additional inscriptions.
- Free storage of cremated remains if wanted for up to a year.
- Transferral of cremated remains into chosen urns.
- Advice with arrangements regarding ashes burials.
- Information about keepsake items eg jewellery and Ashes into Glass.
- Advice about Pre-paid funerals if required.
- A free 20 minute appointment in one of our own offices with a qualified local solicitor who can advise on Probate, Wills or Power of Attorney, if required.